At Treacle Art we recognise the importance of data privacy and protecting the personal data of those using our services or buying our products. This Privacy and Data Protection Policy outlines the information we collect and how this is used.
‘We’ or ‘Us’ refers to Treacle Art
‘You’ or ‘Users’ or ‘Visitors’ refers to any person who uses our website.
The Information We Collect
Below we have detailed how we use information that is collected, submitted or registered with Treacle Art. We respect the privacy of all those who visit our website and as such you can visit our website without submitting personal information, for example to browse the art in our collections.
1. Personal Information, which you provide and is our responsibility
In order to experience our full service, including buying prints or contacting us to arrange bespoke services, we need to collect appropriate personal information.
Personal information, for example name, address, email address or telephone number, is stored for the purposes of contacting you and fulfilling your order. This personal information is secure and only ever shared with third parties to process your order (for example to ship your order). This information is held and processed in line with General Data Protection Regulation. We do not sell or pass on your information to any third party not connected with us.
If you opt in to hear more from us in regards to communications we will contact you for marketing purposes via your chosen contact method. You can opt out of communications from us at any time by unsubscribing from Treacle Art emails or by contacting us at email@example.com
2. Data collected which you don’t supply
Our web servers automatically collect the following data, even if you do not register or place an order with us:
- Your IP address
- Your web browser type and version
This information is used to improve our system processing and overall website experience, it is anonymous.
3. Personal Information which you provide and is your responsibility
From time to time you may choose to interact with Treacle Art via online providers, which are subject to the providers terms and conditions and privacy policies. These might include:
- Online Payment Providers at the point of purchase
- Social Medial sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest
- Event / ticketing providers such as Eventbrite
Why we collect data?
Treacle Art are committed to only processing any information collected for the purposes it was collected for. From time to time we may use the information collected to:
- Audit, analyse and understand how our services are functioning
- Review the performance of our website, which device the website is being viewed and in turn the visitor experience
- Ensure the rights of the Artists we represent and their Art
- Understand trends and interests to develop our products and collections.
Data retention periods
We will store information for a set period of time, to allow visits to return to the Treacle Art website and continue their experience. However, if a user has not logged into their account or purchased a product from the website in 10 years we deem the account dormant. We automatically delete this information to respect the users privacy.
Last Updated: 14th February 2019